Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Most Common Mistake Made When Applying for Financial Aid

Now that we have entered the filing period for Financial Aid, many of my students have been asking me nuts and bolts questions about the actual FAFSA application.  I am finding that way too many of my students are accidentally selecting the wrong year for their aid applications.  Completing the entire application for the wrong school year is quite disheartening to a 17 year old, even though I myself can't help laughing about it.

Teens:  make sure you select the option to apply for aid for the next school year, not this school year!  The FAFSA on-line application is very well designed and easy to complete but I recommend that the US Department of Education consider fixing the prompt for selecting the year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment